Dornoch Lodge is a large wooden lodge nestled in an open meadow and surrounded by soaring mountains and wild tumbling burns. All rooms are on one level and comprises 5 bedrooms, Utility entrance hall, sitting room with log burner and a kitchen dining room. Outside is a large natural garden, sunny patio area and ample car parking. The garden is enclosed with a gate and usually cows graze the surrounding meadows.
There are many fantastic walks direct from the lodge onto the hill or along the river. Wildlife is in abundance and it is not unusual to see a Golden Eagle soaring on the ridge or Red Deer grazing the lower hill slopes as evening draws in.
Bridge of Balgie in Glen Lyon has a super post office and shop which is 8 miles away or the market town of Aberfeldy 10 miles has a co-op, cinema, book shop, swimming pool and numerous cafes.
Guests also receive preferential rates at Highland Safaris(near the village of Dull) for Land Rover Safaris, Red Deer Encounter and Gold Panning. Mountain Bike and Fishing Rod Hire is also available and you can also enjoy the cosy café and well stocked gift shop.
• 5 bedrooms (4 double-1 twin) One en suite
• Large sitting room with Log burner (logs and Peat provided).
• Large Dining area.
• Extensively equipped fitted kitchen with fridge/freezer, dishwasher, Oven, Hob and microwave
• Washing machine and drying rack
• Off peak electric heaters (included in price)
• Electric Heating in all rooms (Extra charge -Meter is read before and at end of visit)
• 2 Bathrooms with power showers,hand basins, toilet and one with a bath .
• Widescreen TV with DVD and Freeview Sky TV
• Duvets, linen, and towels supplied
• Garden patio area with garden furniture and BBQWood store.
• Fishing Rod Box. (Rods can be hired from Highland Safaris)